whats more important in picking a name, what I like personally, or should what other people like be more important? I know it sounds stupid but i have 2 names, and the one i like the most is the one no one else likes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• pick what you like best and what you think will fit your child, dont worry about what anyone else thinks. this is ur child not theres
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• thats a name you will be saying for the rest of your life. it needs to be the one you like, not the one someone else likes (unless its dad and he hates it) don't worry about what other people think (ok well unless the name is after a fruit well than i'm sorry but don't do it!) go with your gut its your baby not theirs
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• What you like is definitely more important....just keep in mind how the name could affect your CHILD...not anyone else. If you willingly give your child some awful name that's bound to get him picked on and what not, maybe rethink....if it's just that some other people don' t like it...go with what you want to go with.

What are the names, btw...I'm curious?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I was curious too...I think you should pick the name I like lol... no I'm just kidding. You should pick the name you think is best :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• well I have Lily Grace or Ava Grace and our last name is Facista.
    allielovessal

Answer by allielovessal at 1:17 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• the name you choose should be one that you like, it will grow on them. I disagreed with what my husband wanted to name our 2nd daughter, but the name grew on me.
    tigerus

Answer by tigerus at 1:19 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i told my husband "when you pop one out, you can name it." you can tell your friends or whoever the same thing. it shuts people up in a hurry.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Go with what you like.Your body, your child,your decision.When I was pregnant with my daughter ,from the beginning I wanted to name her Delaney Rose.Not many people liked it.But I never really connected with another name.In my mind I always referred to her as Delaney but when she was born, we didn't name her that because so many people in our family turned thier noses up about it and made me think I was giving her an awful name.Even though her name is Aubrey instead of Delaney I still catch myself calling her Delaney(she's 4 months old).I think I made a mistake, I should have went with my own instincts.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I named my son spencer and no one in my family liked it all. But me and my husband both really liked it and decided we made him so we get to name him. And now he;s spence and it grew on everyone. so i say name your baby whatever makes you happy.
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Lily or Ava... you can't go wrong with either... they are both beautiful names. I think you should go with what you like.... not what everyone else thinks... she's your baby not theirs and you are the one responsible for her, not them
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2009