what are some good ways to change my kids sleeping schedules?

I have an 11 month old and a 2 1/2 yr old. They were on a pretty good schedule, and honestly I don't mind too much what schedule it is, as long as they are together on it, lol. Anyways, my husband got a new night time job and it threw our whole family off. On top of that my oldest keeps switching schedules, espceially from being sick. We have been getting to bed really late and up early and on top of that my youngest is teething and wakes up at night a lot lately and sometimes its hard to get him to sleep.... so I'm loosing a lot of sleep! Anyw suggestions on how to get somewhat of a routine down?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• try putting them both down to bed around 8pm they are young and in the morning wake them up at the same time my 2 kids are on the same schedule it just took some time is all and for the teething use ambisal and baby Tylenol it works for night time good luck
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• well, the problem is that my youngest wont' stay asleep unless I'm right next to him... he'll sleep for maybe 30 minutes without me near him and then wake up and stay up. My oldest has been taking these rediculously long naps during the day, so at night he has soooo much energy. Should I not let him nap too long?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009