My baby is crying all the time

could it be a milk protein allergy, acid reflux, Gerd, colic...please help
I tried everything...changing formulas, soy formula, gas drops Mylicon, Gripe Water, bicycling legs, massage, warm washcloth on her belly, putting her on her belly, rocking on my arm, I bought a swing, she is not to hot or cold, clothes not to tight, dipers are dry, bottles are fine, nipples are fine, tried soothing music, sang to her, took her for a walk, for a ride, cleared her nose, but she just won't stop crying. She eats, sleeps and cries. She is one month old. She has been like that since we brought her home from the hospital. She was not premature and it was a normal vaginal delivery. I feel so helpless...I can't be colic, because she doesn't cry in one strech. She stops sometimes for a couple hours. It always happens to a different time. She spits up alot. Snores when she sleeps. she is in pain while pooping but poop is soft. Please help me!

danijela1985

Asked by danijela1985 at 1:25 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• colic! for sure doesnt matter what you do the child still cries??? thats colic let it run its course some babies grow out of it some it gets worse dont baby him or her put her or him down and if he or she is fed burped changed cleaned its ok to let the baby cry crying is good opens up the babies lungs and she or he will tire themselves out as long as its only for like 10 minutes no longer and never ever leave the baby in a room all alone sometimes the child needs to learn to self sooth so good luck!!!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• it could just be that they are a baby. this is a really broad question
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• she also spits up while she is sleeping...she doesn't like to be on her tummy. Drinks her milk very fast and makes alot of noise. I can't do anything to slow her down. I got the smallest nipple size. Sometimes she caughts while drinking. She gets hiccups a couple times a day. Gripe water helps with that pretty good. It seems like her tummy is hurting all the time. She is never a happy baby...
    danijela1985

Answer by danijela1985 at 1:45 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• do you try burping her in between feeding her?? it could be that she is eating too much. you can do something to slow her down. dont let her eat so much so fast. pull the nipple out and play with her a little bit then give it back to h er. slow her down eating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It sounds like bubbles. Are you giving gripe water before the feedings? It'll help get the burps out (make sure you get one with Oil of Fennel in it...its really the magic ingredient). The only other thing I can think is to make sure she is getting enough sleep - she might be too distracted to sleep in a room with other activities going on (unless she is so tired she can't stay awake any more). You could try putting her to sleep in a separate room when she naps (at one month...they nap A LOT). Also, if it is reflux, then sleeping on a slight angle might help (in a bouncer, swing or put a pillow UNDER one side of her mattress). Good Luck!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I read the seven signs of reflux in babies on this website... http://colicsolved.com/acid_reflux3.htm sounds like what you are describing and if the pediatrician concludes this is what it is you might find that the Tucker sling could be helpful... www.tuckersling.com
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 2:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• sounds like reflux to me. like really bad heartburn. my cousin's baby had it and they had to put him on cereal at like a month to keep it down. (don't bash, he's a very healthy 10 year old now) call the doctor and ask about reflux.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It's either reflux or the formula. See your ped.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:26 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• You can slow your baby down when eating by taking the bottle away half way through the feeding. Try burping her really well and then continue feeding her. Also you should have seen by her doc. If your baby is having problems with her formula, he may recommend a different formula. I hope that things get better for you and your baby.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 3:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I'd switch from soy to a hypoallergenic formula or try and start BFing again. Many babies who are allergic to cow's milk are also allergic to soy. DD also had reflux and it was horrible! She screamed no matter what!!! I thought I was going to go insane until someone finally got us into a specialist. We got her on an antacid. I do NOT recomend solids for reflux as it can sometimes make it worse. First get your baby to a specialist.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:42 AM on Jun. 10, 2009