Anyone use cloth menstrual pads?

Do you like them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• www.lunapads.com

I've been using cloth pads for about four years now. I love them and will never ever go back to disposables. When I first learned of cloth pads, I had the same eww reaction, but after thinking about it, I decided to give them a try. Oh.my.stars. They are so easy and comfortable. I don't have the accidents that I used to have with disposables because my Lunapads stay put. No slipping and sliding. No odor. No crinkles when I walk. No bunching or pad lines, either.

I keep a small jar filled with cold water beside the toilet. I rinse my pads out then let them soak in the jar. I toss them in with the wash, run them through the dryer, then stow them for next month. It's so easy. And I'm never, ever caught without supplies.

Seriously, it's the best thing I've ever done for taking care of that time of the month.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:15 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• ewwww
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Sweetest anon, pretty much anything done WRT menstrual flow could elicit an "ewwww" - even conventional pads or tampons. So it wasn't really a well thought out response. LOL

To answer the OP - I have in the past, and they're surprisingly comfortable, and not messy, and since I was cloth diapering it was nothing to toss them in with the dipes to wash! Infinitely better than those plastic-diaper-like disposable ones in comfort, and it felt good not to be cluttering up my trash and landfills with nasty refuse. I'm more of a Keeper kind of girl, but for those who wear pads (or due to being postpartum have to rely on pads) I do recommend cloth!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I'm going to have my IUD removed soon and so I'll be trying mama cloth and a menstrual cup.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• What is a menstrual cup??? Bc idk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It's a small silicone shaped cup that you stick into the vagina to collect the menstrual flow. I honestly don't know why people think it's so gross. You have to deal with it anyway...why leave a bunch of dirty trash for hundreds of years when you can just wash it?
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• http://www.divacup.com/en/home/history/
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• http://www.mooncup.co.uk/menstrual_cup_notconvinced.html
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:05 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I have never heard of cloth menstrual pads before but it'll give me something to research while I'm packing for the beach. I'll pop back in and tell you what I think!
    Mina2904

Answer by Mina2904 at 2:06 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Found a site for them in case anyone else wanted to check them out!

http://www.gladrags.com/category/reusable-menstrual-pads?osCsid=289d50fc27c8e52c769df55bb8012866
    Mina2904

Answer by Mina2904 at 2:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2009