Anyone who thought they'd go over due, because they didn't have any "symptoms" or "signs" of going in to labor?

Did you go over due?
if yes, how far over due (were you induced, or did you go natural)
if no, when did you give birth?

CamiiiCompasion

Asked by CamiiiCompasion at 1:38 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I THOUGHT I WOULD GO OVER AND I DID BY ONLY TWO DAYS. I HAD WENT TO LABOR AND DELIVERY 3 TIMES IN MY LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS THINKING IT WAS "TIME". THE LAST BEING 4 DAYS PRIOR TO DELIVERY AND I RUSHED MY HUSBAND OUT OF HIS JOB AND TURNED OUT IT WAS INCONTENENCE ( CAN YOU SAY MORTIFIED-LOL!) ACTUALLY A VERY "SEASONED" LABOR AND DELIVERY NURSE FELT MY PAIN AND SAID- "HONEY WHEN YOU CANNOT TALK THROUGH THE CONTRACTIONS-IT'S TIME" AND LIKE A PAGE OF WISDOM PLAYING OUT THAT IS EXACTLY HOW I KNEW IT WAS TIME! I WENT NATURALLY, ARRIVING AT THE HOSPITAL 4 CM DIALATED WITH MY FIRST CHILD AT 5:15 AM SHE WAS BORN AT 5:20PM. HOPE THIS HELPS...
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i was 3 days past my due date. and there was NO sign i was going into labor. baby didnt drop wasnt dilated or effaced...

i was induced and was in labor fo 20 hours.. and ended up with a c section because the cord was wrapped around her neck...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• you aren't overdue until after 42 weeks.

I really thought I was going to make it to 42 weeks LOL. For 2 weeks I had prodromal labor that wouldn't end. I just gave up on getting excited about it lol.

At 40w6d I gave birth naturally.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:20 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Well at where I go to the doctor, they consider over 40 weeks over-due.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 3:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• well human gestation is naturally 37-42 weeks, so either your doctor missed that part of medical school or is just impatient. 40 weeks is just a happy medium. pregnancies naturally run to 42 weeks, with no increased risks until after such.

you can go by what your doctor says, that's your choice, but simple biology shows that humans can naturally gestate longer than 40 weeks. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2009