Twins?

Im curious how some of people got twins babies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• LMAO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I HAVE TWO BUT MINE WERE SINGLES, LORD KNOWS ME TOO WELL AND KNOWS WHAT I CAN HANDLE.
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 1:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• wow you are blessed to have a twins babies. I notice this world many of mothers having a twins babies.
    Amanda142

Answer by Amanda142 at 1:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• There is no sure fire way to get twins. And I honestly hope you are not asking this planning on trying to get pregnant with multiples. The risk is so much higher that something will go wrong. Did you know when you find out you are having twins you are given an in depth tour of the NICU and told all about the features that NICU has, because the chances are good your kids will be in the NICU for at least a little while. Yes twins are great, but the extra risk just to say they where born at the same time is not worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• O.K. there is nothing you can do to cause yourself to have twins. Identical twins are a mystery of nature. They happen when one egg and one sperm get together. Somewhere before implanting the egg splits into two babies. They are exactly the same genetically, naturally they will be the same gender.
    Fraternal twins happen when two eggs meet two sperm. They can be boy/girl or the same gender and may or may not look alike. This type of twin runs in the mothers family, so if you or your mother or even an aunt was or is a twin then you are more likely. Also as you age you are more likely to have fraternal twins, especially after 35. Furtillity drugs also can cause fraternal twins or more.
    Remember twin pregnancies are considered high risk for premature birth, especially indenticals.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• they had sex twice on the same night.

rolling eyes. you get twins when either two eggs are fertilized by two sperms or one egg is fertilized by one sperm and it splits in half during the growth.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Teamquinn has it right. However, if your father is a twin or if twins are on your father's side, you could still have twins. Your mom and dad wouldn't have twins, but your dad can pass the twin gene or whatever it is to his offspring.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• my half sister had twins, and my mom had twins (but they were miscarried) ...... I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant and showing already. People tease me that it could be twins...

Is it a possibility? How high are the chances?
    mymommy2010

Answer by mymommy2010 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2009