NOW I KNOW THIS IS ABUSE, WHO IS WITH ME?

LORD HELP ME... I WAS IN THE GROCERY STORE YESTERDAY, FAIRLY NICE ABOUT 80 DEGREES OUTSIDE. IN WALKS THIS GIRL CARRYING A BABY WITH A SUNBURT FACE , EYES SWOLLEN, AND RUNNING NOSE. THE BABY HAD ON NOTHING BUT A DIAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE YOUNG LADY ( I AM BEING VERY NICE) WAS WITH WHAT APPEARED TO BE HER MOTHER, SISTER, AND THE CHILD'S FATHER ( MAYBE 20 YEARS OLD) THEY ALL HAD ON SWIM GEAR UNDER SHORTS WITH SHIRTS ON. MY BLOOD BOILED. I WANTED TO WALK UP AND SMACK THE JESUS OUT OF HER AND HER MOMMA. I PERSONALLY THINK THAT SUNBURNS OF THAT MAGNITUDE IS CHILD ABUSE! IF THE CHILD WOULD HAVE FALLEN INTO A BATH OF SCOLDING WATER-CHILDREN SVCS WOULD BE CALLED. BUT THE NERVE OF THIS LITTLE GIRL TO HAVE THAT BABY EXPOSED TO THE SUN LIKE AND WITHOUT A STITCH OF CLOTHING ON JUST BAFFLES ME. NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THEY ALL HAD ON CLOTHES. OVERHEARD THE CHILDS AGE WAS 3 MONTHS>>> I THINK IT'S ABUSE FLAT OUT. ANYONE ELSE AGREE??????????

NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Asked by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Stupid parents, yes.... abuse... maybe not. It might have been a mistake, they may not have realized how sunburnt she was getting, they might have even had sunscrean on her and not applied it often enough. Or maybe they didn't use it because she was too young but they weren't smart enough to keep her out of the sun... some parents are just dumb. Probably they just need some education.... and a good smacking like you said.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Agreed. That is really very dangerous for that poor baby. If I knew where they lived, I'd call child services myself.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I think so! WTF and with the way the ozone layer is going! She could be causing her child future health issues too.
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 2:13 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• poor baby!!!! I WOULD HAVE CALLED SOMEBODY AND THROWN SOME SUNSCREEN AT THE MOM!!!!!
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 2:13 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• that is very sad. ...one of those "adults" should know better.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• TBEAR, I AM A BIG GIRL AND HONEY IF WOULD HAVE THROWN SOMETHING IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WHOLE DAMN RACK OF SUN LOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 2:22 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I like to have my two month old son in just a diaper when it's hot. However, I always either have a good layer of sunblock on his body, or a blanket covering his car seat so he doesn't get too much sun. That's horrible though. I hope someone called CPS or something on her...
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 2:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• that is most definetly abuse.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• AND IMSAR. I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THE HEALTH RISKS, NOT TO MENTION THE INFANTS BUT LET US NOT FORGET ALL THE MOMMAS WHO BUY THEIR DAUGHTERS TANNING PACKAGES !!!! CAN YOU SAY THE BIG "C". SOME PARENTS NEED AZZ KICKINS'
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 2:25 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• the sunburned baby is a really sad story-- but nursemomof2, you crack me up. I was laughing pretty hard over here :)

Definitely should of done it!!
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 10, 2009