How many religions believe this?

That there will only be a certain number of people allowed in Heaven. I have heard this somwhere and I can't remember where or to which religion the person I was talking to was referring to. Thanks for the help ladies.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 2:42 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it might be JW's that believe only a certain number of ppl are allowed into heaven.

which, (as much as i respect JW's beliefs) doesnt make much sense to me. ...is heaven gonna run out of room? lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:45 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I HAVE HEARD IT IN ALOT. I BELIEVE IT IS A 144,000. IT IS IN THE BIBLE, BUT I KEEP IN MIND THAT EVERYONE TRANSLATES THE BIBLE DIFFERENTLY.
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 2:45 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Its the JW's that believe only 144 thousand will go to Heaven. That is incorrect interpertation of that passage.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• it's in the book of revelations 14:1 144,000 people. the rest will be on earth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• incorrect according to what others besides the JW's belive, you mean. Only God can tell them the truth of His words.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:51 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I'm with anon. The 144,00 will be people who will become co-rulers of earth with Jesus, the rest will live on earth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Seventh day adventist believe that only 144,000 will be found worthy of being saved and that the rest will burn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• they believe that besides the 144,000, the rest of people that arent wicked will live on earth in a perfected state the way it was originally.

Matthew 5:5:
    5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Psalm 37:9-11:

9For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

10For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

11But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• the 144,000, will be the Jews that are left and will be preaching the gospel... The people that are saved will be in heaven and this is what the bible says it don't say a number.. Matthew 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:52 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• You are correct Hinson.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2009