What do you call your child's private area?

KaceesMom

Asked by KaceesMom at 2:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I call it "kyla's" and mine is mama's and dad's is daddy's. I don't have any real names just yet
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I call it a penis. ...because that is what it is. And he's also asked me what those other things are and i've told him they are testicles. They also know that mommy and other girls have vaginas.

Also, if the subject is ever brought up in childcare of preschool (which sometimes it is) the teachers MUST refer to it by its appropriate name.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• we call it his pee-pee.
    ErinPritt

Answer by ErinPritt at 3:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i call it different names his egg roll, his thingys, or his huevos
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 3:17 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• When I was little we called a vagina pooty and a penis a tallywacker. I still squirm a little just to hear the word pooty, it sounds so foreign.
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 3:18 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• when she was younger i would refer to the whole area as her bum..shes 5 now and its called a vagina

my sis used to call her kids' their peepers
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• His penis.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 5:28 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Oh and his poo poo. lol.
    LucasMama08

• i call it his penis. he goes to day care and i 100% trust them and know they will care for him but if somethign were to ever happen like abuse i want him to know the correct words so manny criminlas have been set free because kids say he touched my foo foo or whatever and they cant clearly define a foo foo so they cant prove the abuse if some @ss ever does that to my son i want to be able to put them in jail for the rest of eterinity i will not let some little loop hole let them out

ps my SO is in law enforcment so thats why i seem a little overprotective because he tells me all the time about senceless shit that happens to kids
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 7:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Tell him the medically correct name now and you won't have to explain a euphemism later. Also, later, s/he will know exactly what you mean by saying NO if a stranger wants to touch that.

There's a great joke here. When my baby was learning the words for his eyes, his nose, his ears, etc. He pointed and I told him "eyes" or "nose". It's one of those developmental things pediatricians put in their charts. One day we were diapering just after a bath and I ask him "Where are your ears?" He pointed. He put his hand on his eyes and said "Eyes", then "nose", then mouth" then "tummy", then he put his hand on his private part and I matter of factly, "That's your penis" He never pointed to it again, and we played the game every day after.

The pediatrician asked him the questions, for developmental charting. He went through naming everything, then pointed to it and proclaimed "That's my PENIS and YOU can't touch it!"
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 7:05 AM on Jun. 10, 2009