what is wrong with people here on cafemom that have no problem in spank their children???

I always believe it is abuse, you just teach violence, aren't your parents the people who should love you and respect you and protect you?, SPANK IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are the adult, we are the ones who can control our emotions, why spank a child who just act as child!!

sami7jami8

Asked by sami7jami8 at 3:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I spank. I spanked my boys's butts today after i put them in timeout about 3 times for the same thing and they still didnt listen. After a few spankings they suddenly decided it might be a good idea if they did as they were told. ...I think spanking should be used when regular discipline is not working. I use my words. I explain things to them in a way they can understand. if they dont listen they go to timeout. If that doesnt work then i use something that does. Luckily, they dont like being spanked and usually a timeout is plenty sufficiant.
    Also, spankings are only effective if you spank when you are NOT angry. That's the biggest issue i have with paretns that use spanking as a main form of punishment. If you are going to spank there is a specific and proper way to do it.
    I was spanked as a child and damn glad i was or i would've been very wild as a teenager.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Different things work for different people.
    you dont spank your kids! that's great for you. glad it works.
    Sometimes i spank my boys...get over it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:15 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• im sorry but i aint going to have my child do what they want . sitting down next to them and say no baby dont do this dont do that it just dont work 4 me. and if spanking my child butt or slaping there hands and saying no work. u better believe that is what i going to do
    dont get me wrong i dont beat them black and blue just enough for them to under stand im the mom
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 3:15 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• That's just ignorance on your part really. I was spanked, my kids were spanked.. we are all fine. Non-abusing people. Never have been. My kids were very well behaved, never spoke back and never acted out in public.

Good luck with your wild demon child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I call moms like you lazy. Why? Because you are probaby the type of mom who counts in public. I laugh at you. Pick the kid up, spank their butts and guess what.. viola... no more issues. You have to show that kid who is boss and you will be able to control them. And being the adult you are, what are you going to do, reason with them. Please, don't do that son, Please don't embarrass me? Um.. Okay.. good luck with your method.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Some kids it works!!! It's OUT OF LOVE I spank my child!! I do not just sit there and smack her butt when I get frustrated from her screaming because she's angry or frustrated! I still listen to my daughter and figure out the problem. I teach her right from wrong in many varieties.. but when it comes to something that will endanger my child like running in front of moving vehicles and such, she gets a smack on the diaper. If I've TOLD her before, obviously she didn't listen well enough and a spanking works well. I don't have to spank her often, usually she listens to "no" and reasoning. It's very seldom she gets spanked but I see no problem in discliplining my child this way.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:29 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Because I refuse to one day have a 16 year old walk up to me and punch me in the face, knock me to the ground, and tell me that they are doing whatever the hell they want and there is nothing I am gonna do about it. Sorry, but boundaries have to be set with kids. I will never get those boundaries set by holding thier hands and "calmly explaining" to them why they are not to run across a busy parking lot, open the door by themselves and take off out it, climb on the back of the couch, scream in the middle of a busy store, say "Hi" to every tom, dick, and harry they see, run up and hit other children, etc. Sure, some of these are accomlished by discussion, but some will never be accomplished that way. It is not MY child that hits other kids because they were spanked, it is a child that was NEVER spanked that hits other children. Not because they were shown physical violence, but because they got away with whatever they wanted.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Sorry, maybe the "No Spank" rule works for you, but as soon as you stop saying that other moms like me are indeed NOT abusing our children for our means of discipline, then I will stop telling you that your child has potential of becoming a unruling, overwhelming beast of a child that will never listen to a word you say. You don't know me and my house, and I don't know you and your house. What works for me, does not work for you. So be it. But keep in mind most of us A.) Use timeouts as well, and spanking are only after timeouts have failed B.) Don't spank for the smallest offenses (major events that can result in the child getting hurt worse then a spanking hurts or events that have potential of causing our child major injury or death) and C.) Reasonably spank by a tap on the bottom (we do NOT ever, ever pull hair or punch a child- THAT is abuse)
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I will say VERY well said babybeans0506!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• No spank rule has worked for us. I think it depends on what works.
    seasnakesc

Answer by seasnakesc at 4:05 AM on Jun. 10, 2009