Is it more likely it will be a boy because...

Well im only 10 weeks but i wanted to know if its more likely we'd have a boy because i have one brother and no sisters and he has 4 brothers and no sisters. Or is it still 50/50?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Still 50 50.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 4:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• look a little further into the family tree...if boys really do over rule the girls then there is a good chance at a boy. My hubby only has one other girl in his family which is his cousin there are two other boys from his mother, three boys from his father's brother and so on...only one girl. WELL....before i had MY son my brothers and sister all had a girl first and then I had a baby and it was a boy..so that says something. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Its still 50 50 the first anon is just a coincidence. I mean it can only be one of two. My family is mostly girls. My sisters, my aunts, my cousins.. almost all women. And I have a boy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It can't be determined by family tree. It just depends which sperm gets to the egg how fast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• its 50 50 ..... there are a lot of girls in my family and then my sister had all boys
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• always 5050
    rachel_07

Answer by rachel_07 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It's determined by sperm - the mom's family tree has nothing to do with it at all. When we got married - my husband's family seemed to take delight in telling us we'd never have a daughter because my SIL was the only female in 2 generations... needless to say - the only biochild we have is a GIRL and since that time, 4 of my husband's male cousins have fathered GIRLS! LOL

Either way - congrats and best of luck to you!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 9:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I read an article in the beginning of my pregnancy that talked about men producing more of one sex than the other if other men in their family had produced more of one sex. My MIL said she thought we were going to have a boy because the men on my husband's side like to produce boys. Well, we're having a girl. So I say it's still 50/50.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 10, 2009