What could it be if your child has red bumps throughout her body.. about 30 of them and now has one on her tongue too?

I took her to the dr and got nothing. im thinking about taking her back but i dont want to if it is nothing. opinions please. thanks

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:34 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• chicken pox...?
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 6:06 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• hives?
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• What exactly do they look like? Can you get a picture of one?
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Lots of stuff...Fifth didease(a virus) or some othe measly virus. Is he feverish, sore throat,itchy, new foods...sounds like some virus(BTW are her fingers or toes peeling?) or are these larger lumps like glands? Make sure you are seeing the Pediatrician, not a GP or Nurse practician
    Starnana

Answer by Starnana at 7:05 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• could be measles
    ive seen you post alot ad the more it gets worse the more it makes me believe it maybe measles
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• IT COULD BE ANY THING ,BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE THE CHICKEN POXS OR HIVES. WHAT SIZE ARE THE BUMPS AND ARE THEY IN LITTLE PATCHES OR THEY JUST BUMPS SPREAD THOUGH HER BODY. BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER NOW HAS BUMPS AND HER'S IS CHICKEN POXS I THINK SO SHE GOING TO THE DOCTORS TO SEE WHAT HER'S IS. IF YOU WANT ME TO I CAN ASK HER DOCTOR TODAY AND LET YOU KNOW OKAY PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK.
    hotmama846

Answer by hotmama846 at 8:33 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• yea
    measles! highly contagous! I think about two weeks to get over..ichie or not? take to doctor for conformation
    kathy

kathie167218

Answer by kathie167218 at 8:34 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I FORGOT TO TELL YOU DID SHE HAVE ALL OF HER BABY SHOTS AND THAT JUST CROSS MY MIND.
    hotmama846

Answer by hotmama846 at 8:34 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• no hotmama
    she does not do shots
    she yells at people if they say anything about shots
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• You took her to the doc and they didn't tell you anything? I'd certainly take her back and if you still get nothing then get a second opinion. It's hard to say without knowing exactly what the bumps look like. Is it a bunch of singular bumps all over, or are there patches of bumps very close together? are the bumps big or are they tiny. Do they look like bug bites, or do they look like poison ivy? (not saying they are either just wondering what it looks more like). Are they tender to the touch or are they itchy?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:40 AM on Jun. 10, 2009