Should I ask the doc to change the brand of formula?

My daughter was on Similac Early Shield(blue can) from birth but it made her gassy, and fussy so no I changed it to Similac Isomil(Soy milk) but it makes her constipated and she spits up a lil. Is there anyone else who's child is on Similac Isomil? How do they like it? Does it make them constipated?

ILUVMYFATGURL

Asked by ILUVMYFATGURL at 7:40 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Enfamil gentle ease, my baby spat up alot and had gas-----Parents choice (same ingreds.) Purple can-- ask Doc for a sample. Doc said most Moms love it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• She may have to get on Similac Alimentum it's for Allergies and all that...Search for it on Google then today call your doctor and tell her whats going on and ask her about Alimentum.

GoodLuck! Hope your daughter gets better!!
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 7:47 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• my son had emfmil and he spit it up so my doc changed it to the similac alimentum and he handled that very well. down fall it was xpensive 24 dollars a can. so when he was a lil bigger and ate more buying 2 cans a week was hard. but it was better for him he could keep it down. so just tell her doc whats going on and what u think and she should sujest something that will work. good luck hope she feels better.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My 4 month old was started on the same formula and I hated it! We switched her to Good Start Natural Cultures at 2 weeks old and it's been FANTASTIC! It's in the green can and they just changed the name to Supreme or something like that but the can's still green. It's the most pricey Good Start formula, I think but it's worth it, too.

Good luck - formula can be such a challenge to get the best one for your little one!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 8:53 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i put my dd on similac sensitive (orange can) i think it's lactose free
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I like good start. Soy tends to bind babies up. My daughter is on Good Start SoyPlus and we had constipation problems from the start with it. We have to add a 1/2 ounce of prune juice to one bottle a day and it keeps her perfectly regular.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:41 AM on Jun. 10, 2009