my 1 year old daughter.

Yesterday on her birthday, she ended up going to her doctor because she was running a fever "102." Well we found out she had an ear infection..So the doctor told me to give her some Tylenol and we had to get Antibiotics for her ear infection..Well she got A LOT better after taking the medicine so that made me happy!...ANY WHO!! This morning when she woke up...My hubby was going to change her diaper..but then he told me it was dry?!?! She sleeps from 7:30pm till 7:30am...Does this mean she's Dehydrated?
I know it can't be from her medicine because she's had that kind before..

Also...She has been taking off her diaper and peeing/pooping on her bed..and My hubby said a lady told him if she wakes up dry that means we could start potty training her??? Is that true??

Please don't be rude...This is my first Child so I'm not really sure about this stuff!

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 7:42 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you want to start potty training make sure she has at least a good month of waking up dry first.. And when you do try don't force her to do it because that can cause problems.. Also try to give her more water during the day if your worried she is dehydrated.. Good Luck!! Also no one should bash a new mom because we have all been there before.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• If she wakes up dry night after night and is able to walk, you could go ahead and introduce a potty chair. Buy some pullups for during the day and show her how to pull em down and hell, she might go ahead and train. Sounds like you might be one of the lucky ones! :)
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 7:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Sometimes girls train a lot faster than boys do. Is she ever one to wet much at night?

I'd get a potty chair and start introducing her to that.

I never opted to use pullups - to me, they're just another diaper - an expensive one, at that. LOL We use regular panties around here and deal with the accidents but I really believe it helped my kids understand the concept of wet, and what their body was doing, etc. Again, that's a personal choice but just be aware - you don't "have" to go that route :)

You might join an "early" potty training group or do some online reading about that to help, too!

There's no reason to bash you - you're trying to find out some healthy advice for your little one :)

Good luck to you!! :) AND I hope your little one is feeling better soon also! (Make SURE she's drinking plenty right now, by the way!)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 8:51 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My daughter never woke up "dry", not even when she could stay dry during the day. I finally just bought a good mattress protector and put her in panties at night, and viola, dry at night... she was nearly 3 1/2 at that point. It was weird.

But I have heard that, that if they can stay dry at night for a couple of weeks, then she might be ready.

I don't think taking the diaper off is an indication of being ready. Both of mine have done that between 1 and 2 and I think it was more of a motor skill, they found out they could do it, so they did it for a while. We still put my son (who just turned 2) in a onesie under his pj's at night because if he can get to it, he'll take off his diaper.

She might be just very dehydrated. If she was sick and not drinking enough, she might not have needed to go, you know? Make sure she gets plenty of fluids today and see how tonight goes.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 10, 2009