WHAT TIME SHOULD MY LAST MEAL OF THE NIGHT BE AT?

I AM BEING INDUCED TONIGHT AT 7PM. I FORGOT TO ASK THE MIDWIFE WHAT TIME(IF ANY) SHOULD MY LAST MEAL BE AT....IF ANYONE CAN HELP W/ ANY ADVICE I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.THIS IS MY FIRST INDUCTION DUE TO GESTATIONAL DIABETES.
THANKS!!!

Aneq

Asked by Aneq at 7:57 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would call, but try to eat light tday, some woman barf during labor....i didnt but ya nver know, and i had a mcdonald breakfast burrito right b4 my induction...i was fine...i was soooo hungry after having that baby though, im sure the hospital will feed you as soon as you have that aby
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 8:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I suppose it depends on if your having pain meds. If you are then they don't recommend anything in your stomach. I would eat very light and not eat anything past noon. If you get pain meds sometimes they make people sick so that's why they would rather you have an empty stomach, otherwise I'm not sure. I probably wouldn't eat anything past 2(light snack at that time). Call your OB and ask they will tell you. Congrats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• THANK U FOR THE ANSWERS.MOM 101 UR RIGHT ABOUT SOME LADIES GETTING SICK DURING LABOR.i DID WITH MY SON...MY DAUGHTER I HAD THE SICK FEELING,BUT I DIDN'T THROW UP...JUST FELT CRAPPY.

ANON, THANK U FOR THE ANSWER AND THANKS FOR THE CONGRATS!!!
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 8:17 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• they didn't give me any special instructions before my induction last year, but i wasn't going in for gest. diabetes so it might be different for you. i was too nervous to eat lol!! anyways best of luck to you tonight and congrats!!!!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2009