4 month old baby staying hungry

i feeding him seems like every 2 hrs.. the milk goes right through him. he was a very healthy baby. he was 9lbs at birth and now over 10 pounds. is it okay for me too put a lil ceral or rice in his bottle? how old was ur baby when u did this? with my 1st child i think they said wait till they are about 6 mnths.. but i never did. and he is fine but i cant remeber how soon i tried this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave my dd ceral at like 2 or 3 months cause she was always hungry so if I were you I would
    rachel_07

Answer by rachel_07 at 8:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I started putting it in her bottle at 3 months because she was getting reflux and this helped to settle her stomach. Then I noticed she was staring at us why eating and mouthing really badly so at 3.5 months I started giving her a teaspoon of rice cereal in the morning to eat out of a bowl. She loves it and it has really helped to fill her up. I could not believe, she just opened her mouth and gaped at the spoon over and over again THE FIRST TIME!. Now she is almost months and wants more and more. Listen to your baby though they are all different and will tell you when ready.
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 8:07 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• A teaspoon of cereal in a 4 ounce bottle is fine, it should help to fill him up.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I was told by my pedi that I could try a few teaspoons of cereal 2 times a day at 4 months but you should check with your baby's doc. Call them, the nurse should be able to tell you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• omg.. lol i mean my 4 weeks old baby is staying hungry not 4 mnth
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My baby is 4 months and has been getting rice in her bottle since 2 months. She was hungry ALL the time and I would give it to her in the bottle before bed and in the one during the night - because these were the "high hunger" times for her.

They can usually start having very thin rice cereal in a spoon at 4 months also - just talk to your doc, etc - in case your baby has any special requirements, etc. My lil one got her first cereal in a spoon last night :)

Best of luck to you - a hungry baby who isn't satisfied is hard to deal with - for mom and baby alike!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 8:25 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Your 4 week old baby does not need cereal in his bottle....it is a choking hazard! How do you know he is hungry? Maybe he just wants to comfort suck....or maybe he is going through a growth spurt and does want to eat more....so feed him and extra ounce at every feeding but no cereal. He is too young.
    Charmedmommy82

Answer by Charmedmommy82 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• A lot of babies that young still need to eat every 2 or 3 hours. It just comes with the territory. He's still tiny and has a tiny little tummy. If I remember right, when mine was that little he ate every 2-3 hours as well. All your little one needs at this age is formula or breastmilk. Just feed him when he's hungry. He will eventually get to the point that he goes longer between feedings and eats more at a time. Just be patient.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 9:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• When my daughter was 4 weeks she would eat almost every HOUR through out the day and every 3-4 hours at night. I don't think you're supposed to start cereals and foods until about 4-6 mths.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 9:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Your baby is just doing what babies are supposed to do. They eat. all the time! Plus around this age they hit a growth spurt. Just up the formula a bit, and PLEASE, do not put anything in the bottle other than formula. It will cause havok on his immature digestive system and is a choking hazzard.
    ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 11:55 AM on Jun. 10, 2009