Desperate need of infant/toddler books

My 20 month old got accepted into an early intervention program to help her because she is a little behind. I need to encourage her more with books. Does anyone know where in the internet or any other way that I can get these books at a reasonable price because I have checked out a couple of places and the prices are a little high. (We are a low income family) Thank you so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Rent books from the library. Once in awhile the library will have a good book sale too. Other places to check out are thrift stores and garage/yard sales.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:20 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• The library is a good idea... they can be borrowed for free. I have purchased quite a lot of books off eBay. I search for sellers in my area so I can pick them up instead of paying for shipping & that saves a bit. Also rummage sales. I got 30 some children's books at a rummage sale for $2.00 last summer.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i am a teacher and my dd is developmentally delayed as well ;)

the library is a great resource, like the above post said. And yard sales are another good idea.

But also you local Dollar General and Dollar Tree stores carry some GREAT books. They are just as good and will serve the purpose you need them for! Of course, they are usually a dollar or two each.

Also, many states have programs that will supply free books to families with children. Your library should know about any in your area.

Also, check out this web site....www.dollysimaginationlibrary.com your area must participate, so check, but if it does participate then can sign up you dd and she will receive a FREE book every month until she turns 5! My dd is a member and I can tell you, no strings attached, they are really free and come in the mail.

Good luck :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:32 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Also look at thrift shops and library book sales. I've picked up a lot of books for my daughter for less that a dollar each.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:21 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Thank you all for your answers!!! Great answers and I will definitely look into that-all except thrift shops. I live in Puerto Rico and there doesn't seem to be any around. I have checked and I haven't seen any but will be leaving right now to start my search and also I will be looking into the internet link given above. Thank you all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I just went into www.dollysimaginationlibrary.com and they say that this service is not available in my area. Man, that sucks!! Thanks anyways!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• once a week my kids and i go to a thrift sotre (goodwill or st. vincent's) and take our old books and get 10 new ones. then we never have a million books lying around and we always have new stuff to read!
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 10:57 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• sorry it wasnt available in your area ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• powells.com is a great web site for books. they have tons of used books in great condition--very affordable.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 5:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Half.com, Amazon.com market place, Ebay.com are all good places to look online. Also if you have a Goodwill in your area see if they have a Goodwill bookstore. I find a lot of books there rather inexpensively.
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 11:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2009