Eggs?

My father in law's girlfriend gave my 10 month old eggs one morning he was with them. I am guessing she didn't know babies weren't supposed to have them. I am not sure why they aren't. Is it because of allergies? If he has had them and no reactions, do I still have to wait till he is a year old to give him eggs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no...they always say that..but 10 months old is fine..both my boys had eggs b4 1 yr. they loved them......docs usually say no egg whites..but if u dont try youll never know :)
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 8:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• my son was eating them by 8 months .. he loves them
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i was the same way i just made sure it was fully cooked and kept an eye on my son for 24 hours ( to see if there was a reaction ) all was well. now my son is 3 1/2 and LOVES eggs sunny side up scrambled hard boil just LOVES them. the doc are more worried about salminilla (sp) but that can even happen with chicken so.... if no reaction then why not give him a lil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My son has a severe egg allergy- like the kind you need an epipen for. If egg even comes in contact with his skin, he swells severely. If your son didn't have a reaction, then you are probably ok.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 9:26 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My kids started eating eggs before they were 1 also.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:57 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• eggs are one of the most fatal allergies and that is why peds want you to wait, or only to give them the yolk until they are one. but if he has not had a reaction he is probably fine. check with your ped.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 10:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2009