Christians, have you ever considered that Satan wrote your Bible (or parts of it) to decieve you?

What, besides faithand bible versus leads you to belief that the Bible is the inspired word of God and not that of Satan meant to trick you and lead you further from the truth?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I have. What I have come to find is that it is not the parts of the Bible that lead us away from the truth.  People are responsible for that.  Jesus warned us that religious people would twist the truth and cause some to stumble.

logansmomma2007

Answer by logansmomma2007 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• why would Satan teach God's love? that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• First off, I fail to see where God's LOVE is taught anywhere in the Bible- I guess that's up to your interpretation of what love is...

Second, you Christians freely admit that Satan tricks people, so why not use the Bible to do it? It would be the ultimate tool of deception. What if some of those books in the Bible are not from your God, but were inspired from Satan in order to decieve you into thinking it's what God says and wants?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• yes, it does teach His love, are you a Christian, do you or have you ever read the bible?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I was a Christian for 30 years, a Sunday School teacher and have studied the Bible all my life, so YES I HAVE read it and I stand by my opinion that what I saw was not LOVE. What I saw was abuse concealed as love, lies, false hope and mtyhs stolen from other religions and cultures that were twisted and presented as unique and true.

However, this has nothing to do with my question...

Now, have you or have you not ever given a thought that Satan might be decieving you with the Bible or parts of it?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• no, not at all..... that's crazy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Um, human beings wrote the bible
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Men wrote the bible. Guided by a god or not, man wrote it. Hell, the entire book of Revelations is a dream, it's a nightmare. I have them all the time, why is this guys any more meaning full? They aren't. And then there are all the letters (Romans - 2Thessalonians) not written by God, but by man. Then there are the Psalms... Again, writen soley by men. So they were inspired by God so are many songs today, it doesn't mean they are all written by god... And then there's the history part...

Okay, to save myself a lot of typing here is my thoughts in a nut shell... IF you add up all the parts where "god" is actually speaking or being quoted as speaking and cut out the rest, you would have 2 pages - large type set!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:21 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Fiction... created by man ... although if I believed in Satan I would be more inclined to see it your way OP!!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• SabrinaMBowen,
    Wow, I didn't know that. It also seems like all the talking from actual God, came from the Old T...

I understand people say God 'inspired' people to write it, but if God can inspire someone, why then can't Satan?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:32 AM on Jun. 10, 2009