Should you feel guilty if you're home, but don't answer a call and the person shows up unnannounced?

If you are having a bad day and you decide not to answer your phone, but have listened to your messages, should you feel guilty if someone who has tried to call you just pops in at your house and finds you there anyway? What if your house is a mess, you are in your pajamas and you're too tired for company?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Should I feel guilty? No. I usually feel angry. I didn't answer because I didn't want to be bothered. I usually turn people away if they do that to me, even before I had kids. I'd like a phone call and affirmation that yes, you can come over.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• dont answer door...dont feel guilty...theres a reson for not answering phone.
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• No, you shouldn't feel guilty. I do that sometimes, the only difference is that I don't answer my door on those days either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• The other person is the one who should feel guilty.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:22 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• TELL THEM... A TRUE FRIEND WOULD KNOW WHEN THEY STEP IN THE DOOR. JUST SAY HEY I DID GET YOUR MESSAGES BUT AM NOT UP TO ANSWERING THE PHONE TODAY, MY HOUSE IS A LITTLE MESSY AND I WAS HAVING SOME "ME TIME" . SORRY TO BE A CAUSE FOR CONCERN BUT I WILL TALK TO YOU LATER. NO GUILT NEEDED!
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• someone has done that to me before!! that makes me so mad! and the worst part was my mom let them in! and i was sleeping!
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i use the i was in the bathroom xcuse lol. my friends know that my clean up time is when kids go to bed, besides my mess here is toys. lol
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Nope. no one knows exactly what you were doing that stopped you from answering your phone..id be kinda angry they took it upon themselves to stop by..well depending on who it is..i have a few friends i let come over unanounced..but ive known them for years!! other than that..i give people the descency of calling first so i expect the same...otherwise...your gonna wear out your welcome!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• First of all...why would your friend just show up unannounced like that? Especially if you didn't answer your phone? That would annoy me beyond belief....
    PB_J

Answer by PB_J at 9:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• You didn't answer the phone for a reason, they shouldn't have stopped by. There is no way you should feel guilty at all.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:33 AM on Jun. 10, 2009