HELP - potty training???

My son has bladder control but refuses to sit or stand by the potty to pee. We have been wearing underware but everytime he needs to pee he will stand in the corner & hold himself. He becomes very frustrated & then will just pee a little here & there because he is trying to hold it in. I do not understand why he is so afraid & upset. I have not forced the potty on him at all. I only make him wear underware on days when he asks to. He says he wants to be a big boy & use the potty but then he totally freaks out. He gets so upset & embarrased he will just stand in the corner & cry. I was in tears myself trying to comfort him. I don't know what to do to help him with his fear. HELP??? He's 33 months, does age have anything to do with it???

Domino0201

Asked by Domino0201 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my son was afraid of the potty until he was 3 years and 1 month. He is 3 years and 4 months now and is completely potty trained. it will just take some patience.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:47 AM on Jun. 10, 2009