I need some advice on Braxton Hicks and Round Ligament Pains-please help!

Let me tell yall what happened. Yesterday my husband was driving his car, and he went to turn onto a highway and cut it too short and ended up "curb checking" his back passenger tire. When he did the car when high enough to be able to bounce down and bust a hole in his tire...as soon as it happened, i was just sitting there and OUCH! So much pain in my tummy! I tried to stand up, but had to immediately sit down! It went away after tht one time...but then a couple of hours later i was just laying on the couch, and it started up again...went on ALL night long and even this morning! I have my hand on my tummy and i dont really feel it getting tighter from the outside, but the inside feels like its being twisted and squeezed all over. Baby is still kicking good, and I have been drinking lots of water and laying on my left side, but it hits me like every ten -20 minutes. idk if its RLP or BH or more serious...just need some advice

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 9:55 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like round ligament pain, it SUCKS and there is nothing you can do for it either :(
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• as long as its just RLP and nothing else!! Its almost like small contractions...
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 10:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• sounds like braxton hicks to me. you didn't say how far along you were...anyway, keep doing what you are doing. drink plenty of fluids and stay in bed off your feet for a while. If the pains get (non contraction) painful, then go to the hospital or see your doctor to check on things. Even though that was a big bounce for you, your baby didn't feel a thing. your belly probably bounced a little bit and caused your ligaments to stretch a little bit and caused some contractions. Just be careful and relax for the next 48 hours.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Not sure, i had real bad ligament pain in my lower bdomen when i went into labor. I thought they were labor pains but the nurse said no they are ligament pains, your body is preparing for birth. Those pains were 1,000 times worse than the actual labor pains in my lower back.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• oh im sorry im 24 weeks along!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 10:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i had a RLP once during my whole 2nd pregnancy. I had no clue what it was at the time but i was out garage saling with my friend, and she had got out to go smoke with a friend and i stayed in the car. well thats when the pain started it went all the way down my leg!! I got out of the car and walked up to them. I dont actually remember walking to them, they were so scared! it finally went away and i went to the dr the next day and she told me thats what it was. Im sorry it keeps happening to you..it was horrible that one time.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 10:18 AM on Jun. 10, 2009