tattoo question

I just got a new tattoo on my shouler last night. Can I take a shower and wash my hair this morning, or will it mess up the tattoo? It's been 17 years since I got a tattoo, and i don't remember how long to wait. Also, that last one was on my ankle so it was easy to keep dry. I'm worried that being on my shoulder, the water and shampoo will mess up the work. Please answer! Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• turn the tub on for a bath, lean over and wash that way. thats what i did, only the hair gets wet, and if the tattoo get wet its not enough to mess it up because youll have your head upside down it shouldnt get wet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• the water pressure from the shower can make the ink run out, also warm or hot water on it can make it run out too b/c it opens the pores, i'd lean over the tub to wash my hair until a scab forms, that's what i did when i got a tattoo on my shoulder
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• ye syou can take a shower just do not scrub your new tat or anything. ust water running over it while your showering will have no effect.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• yes it wont hurt it though it may hurt you a bit but washing it with soap and a wash rag is important to the healing process. You have to get the dead layer of skin off and yes some ink will too but no worries. If you artist did a good job youll be fine.
    lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 10:25 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Take a piece of plastic wrap and medical tape and put it over your tattoo and then remove it when your all dried off. I have 15 tattoos and i do have my back done so just tape it up pretty well and it will be fine.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Thought this could be helpful.

http://www.finestlines.com/tatt/carefaqs.asp

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• No you don't want to get it wet until the earliest tomorrow. If you can hold off from it getting wet until Friday that will be better.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:29 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I hit the button too soon... anyway I have 8 tattoos 5 of them very large. You really do need to rub it with the wash cloth or at least blot it.Its really important. Make sure to keep a& e on it constantly the first 5-6 days. That is where the wash rag comes in. You have to remove the old goop before you put on the new goop. Put saran wrap over it if you are wearing a shirt that covers it,

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 10:29 AM on Jun. 10, 2009