How can i get my 2 year old intrested in useing the potty?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• first off...does your baby have a dry diaper in the morning, and if he/she had a dirty diaper does he/she take it off and hand it to you....until he/she does that he/she isnt ready
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Don't rush it. The best thing to do is get them used to the potty, but not train for a few months. My son is 20 months, we are no where near training, but at night before his bath, he will sit on the potty while I get the water ready. Sometimes he goes, sometimes he doesn't. When he does go, I tell him good job and that he is a big boy. Once he gets used to sitting on the potty, we will give him some time. He crawled, walked, etc. a little later than his peers, so I figure he will probably activly potty train about a year from now...right before his third birthday. If he starts asking or showing more signs of being ready, then we will start sooner. I am letting him decide when the time is right.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 12:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2009