How do you groom a Mini Australian Shepard??

I didnt think they needed any grooming, but now im pretty sure my 8 month old pup does! and i want to do it myself, does anyone know how they are supposed to be groomed. I do people hair so im sure i can figure out a dog!

I posted this question last night and got a not very nice answer, so Im trying it again, hopefully the day crew is nicer!!

RhiannonHunt

Asked by RhiannonHunt at 10:29 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pets

• aussies don't get haircuts. we keep a coat comb and an undercoat rake for our aussie, and we buzz her down with a #4 for the summer. her coat always grows back more lush and soft than the year before once it grows back out for the winter, then we shave her down again come summertime.

My most sincere advice to you is that you DO NOT use your good clippers on the dog. Get him/her their own set, as they will burn up and the blades will dull faster with the thicker hair. Your best bet is to go to a farm and home store, such as Tractor Supply Co or Orscheln's, and buy a set of horse clippers. They last the longest, and are least likely to burn up. We've had 6 aussies over the last 15 years, and this is just by experience!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• try a brush to get the tangles and stuff out of its hair...trim around the face .. idk :P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jun. 10, 2009