How long does it last....

Hi Im a first time mom and wondering how long the ups and downs of post partum last... my son Ethan will be 2 months old on the twenty-third of june and im still really emotional and sensitive everybody around me keeps on telling me the stage will pass with time.. but im tired of being this emotional wreck.(I think my husband would agree!!!)

ethansmom042009

Asked by ethansmom042009 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Health

• Everyone is different if you feel like its getting bad u may want to seek help
    Myni

Answer by Myni at 10:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• No great news for you from me..my son is 6 months...well almost and i still get REALLY emotional. not all the time but when i do..its EXTREME!! everyone is different...and i dont know how to fix it..but it does get better!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I have talked to my ob and she said birth controll might help so she told me to give it a month before i decided it wasnt helping... so ive been on it for 4 days now and it seems worse... maybe its all in my head
    ethansmom042009

Answer by ethansmom042009 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i never had post partum....i had my son he was in the nicu, i didnt have time to be sad, i had to be there for my son 100%....now my friend sarah, she had her son last march, her son was in the nicu for 5 weeks and she was so depressed, she is still very depressed and she is pregant again...so i mean it depends on the person....me personally, it never happened to, but i am pregant now, so i dont know, ill let you know in a few months....but they only advice i can offer you, is while the baby is sleeping just take that timeto take a hot shower, bath just ahve some alone time and regroup
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2009