I think my son ate dog poop....What should I do?!

My sister has a 10week old chihuahua, that is (obviously) not housbroken. When I put my son to bed last night I didnt notice any poops in his room, but when I got up this morning there were some stains on his carpet, so I cleaned them up, figuring my sister was just to lazy to actually clean the carpet after she picked up the turds. Well then i noticed some crusting on my son's feet and hand!!! I gave him a bath and checked his mouth and teeth, I didnt see any evidence that he actually ATE it but if not where did the turds go? I cant ask my sister about it until after 2 when she gets off work. HELP!? My main concern is the puppy is so young, I haven't seen evidence of worms or anything but what if? Is there anything I can give him just in case?? Im waiting on the doc to call me back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Kids' Health

• chances r the pup doesnt have worms if u havent seen them...i would brush his teeth and give him the tiniest amount of mouth wash to rinse his mouth out...this way if hes old enought to spit it out he can but if he swollows its no big deal
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• ewwwah.I'd be concerned too.I'm sure other kids have put worse things in there mouths tho...wait...can anything be worse than poop?lol..sorry.?Try not to worry and see what doc says.You can brush his teeth but that won't do anything for him internally.Hang in there..I'm sure he'll be okay! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Oh ewwww! Give the doc a call, but since it was yesterday and he's fine today, I imagine he'll be fine.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 2:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2009