beach plus 3 weeks old..

when is it okat to take my lo out to the beach? there will be a family get together at the beach next month for the fourth of july i really want to take her but my grandmother says that "she is too young and i should wait". "There will be many other events to take her to"..... She says that if i really want to take her i should make sure she is really wrapped up and warm and make sure that the air and sand stay off her. Should I wait or just go ahead and take her out to the beach is it too soon?? oh by the way shes is 3 weeks..... Thanks ladies :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she's three weeks right now, she'll be about six or seven weeks on the 4th. I'd say she's fine, as long as you make sure the sand doesn't get in her face (or anywhere else for that matter). Also put some sunblock on her. I know they say not to before 6 months but a little is fine. It will probably be hard because she's so young, but try to find a bucket had to help protect her face and eyes from the sun. Make sure she's dressed to be warm enough but not too warm and sweaty because if she's too hot she will most likely get cranky and/or vomit from overheating. Good luck, and have fun! My LO is will be 3 months in July and we're planning on spending the day at the park for the 4th!!
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Baby can go to the beach, assuming she is healthy in every other way. However, she is too young for sunscreen so you need to be really careful to keep her skin covered. That being said, baby doesn't need to be wrapped up much more than you do. If you are comfortable in shorts & a t-shirt, baby will be fine in light, long pants & a long sleeved shirt. Make sure you have a large umbrella or other shaded area for her. And she needs to wear some sort of hat or bonnet & you might even want to consider sunglasses. Sand isn't going to hurt her unless it gets in her eyes or she eats some & fresh air is good for babies. I would take her. Just know that you might have to leave early & plan for that if necessary. Have fun!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I would take her to the beach ensuring that sun was kept off of her and maybe you had a mister or something o help keep her cool. IF you FF I'd give her a cold bottle (DD drank cold bottles just fine) to help keep her cool. Do not wrap her up to keep her warm! It's summer time!
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I would take her.Dip her little feet in the water, why not?Make sure to see if there are any signs posted up about elevated bacteria levels in the water.As for the sand...I'm sure you're not going to plop your baby down in the sand and bury her in it,lol. Put lots of sunblock, buy an adorable little bathing suit and a cute sunhat..and have a blast!! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2009