What is with all the ADD and Autism questions today?!

For some reason today, there have been numerous questions about the legitamacy of ADD, ADHD, and Autism. Most of the answers I have seen are just digusting but, in truth, they are only opinions of other mothers. But many of the questions I have seen have been very supportive, no matter which way they went. What I am trying to understand is what prompted these questions to be asked? Especially the ADD question. There are legitimately children who HAVE ADD and ADHD and cannot slow down. They process things too fast and too franticly for "normal" people to keep up with.

Children who act like complete monkies (screaming, biting, kicking, throwing themselves on the floor because they didn't get their way) are NOT children with ADD or ADHD. They are just spoiled brats.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son has been diagnosed as PDD-NOS, ADHD, AND mildly mentally handicapped. I would LOVE for one of these idiots who say it doesn't exist to come spend a day with my son and see how fast their tune changes. I understand that many children ARE misdiagnosed, but there are just as many that do have ADHD or whatever their diagnosis may be.

tammie77

Answer by tammie77 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

Here here!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2009