Has anyone had an allergic reaction to flavored lubricant?

What kind of a reaction did you have? I've been getting externally itchy and having mild discharge just about every time DH and I have sex. It only lasts for a few days and it goes away on it's own..... I had a baby almost 5 months ago and bought this lube while pregnant but didn't really use it during the pregnancy (have to have sex to need lube) The only time I haven't had a reaction like that (that I remember) was when I jumped in the shower immediately after intercourse. Have any of you had a bad reaction to flavored lube? Thanks.
K.D.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Health

• I used a kind that was supposed to make you "tingle". The second I put it on it started burning soo bad. I tried to wash it off and it just kept burning and burning. It took a few hours for it to stop completely but it did. I was so mad because the whole time I am in pain, my husband is still trying to get me to have sex with him. hahaha
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 3:03 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Before using any body product, check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org

Answer by rkoloms at 6:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• BLUELADY: thanks for the info on the tingly stuff. I tend to be sensitive to certain things and will definitely stay away from that now.

RKOLOMS: Thanks for that website. We have used the same brand of lube for years. This new stuff is the exact same thing but flavored. I am thinking it's whatever they use to flavor it that is causing me the problems. Gonna go back to using the other stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2009