Cash For Clunkers

Here is another super deal from Uncle Sam(never mind that it will cost taxpayers 4 billion)
Uncle Sam wants to offer you$4500 to get rid of your older, less efficient auto for one that is new and gets better gas mileage. (preferably a new Government Motors tin can) Of course you still have to buy the new car and there are restrictions on what you can buy but will you do it?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• NOpe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• We're planning on doing it because we need a new minivan. We might end up getting a Chrysler if we can get a good enough deal. Anyone know what the income restrictions are to receive the $4500 though?
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 11:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Nope we will only buy Fords or Toyotas from now on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I buy new GMs anyway. I love my Tahoe. I'm not going to be doing it because the government tells me to, I'm doing it because of what I WANT to drive.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I don't think there will be an income restriction. The restrictions will be on the age and type of clunker you have. We will have to wait for the final draft I guess . Stay tuned.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• WHAT THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU YOU CAN BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm 40, but I NEVER thought I'd see the day! Income restrictions!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE should be able to have an incentive and save!

Makes me so mad!

Welcome to communism.

Thanks, Obummer.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Isn't this going to hurt the automakers that made good decisions and didn't need gov't help?? Aren't there sales going to go down because everyone is running for the good deals from Gov. Motors??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I'm a DIE HARD Chevy fan..and, have been in the market for a truck. I've decided to go with a Ford. The gov. can take their $4500 or whatever they offer..... and, well, you know.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 11:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Hell no I will not do it.To hell with government motors.I will buy Ford or Toyota
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:53 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I heard about that this morning. I need a mini-van but have no interest in helping support GM, their mini-vans suck. Maybe if I could use it on a Kia.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2009