What are some tips on raising boys

Myni

Asked by Myni at 11:17 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Patience...LOL ... I had daughters and now I am raising my grandson so it's all new to me too...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Yoga! and Wine!!! I have 3 boys ages 10 and 5 (twins) They are soo much work, but the same amount of Joy. Yoga for peace Wine for patience.
    jchris

Answer by jchris at 1:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I HAVE 2 GIRLS AND JUST HAD A LIL BOY 5 WEEKS AGO AND AM TERRIFIED I DONT KNOW THE 1ST THING ABOUT RAISING A BOY
    Anonymous

• have 2 boys 6 year old and a 13 month old if u need any thing just ask
    ilovemyson2002

Answer by ilovemyson2002 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I have 3 boys, what kind of tips are you looking for?
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Patience for one. Just let them be themselves. Don't make them into little sissys. If they get a scratch or cut, don't get all soft with them about it. Of course if it's really bad, that's fine, but not every scrap or cut. If they start to cry over it, make it bleed a little and watch them laugh over it. They need to be tough & handle things like that. Let them play in the dirt or with bugs or hang unside down from the swing set. Let them know it's okay to cry, but not over everything. Let them punch, tackle and fight with other boy siblings or close friends if it's okay with their parents. Take them camping or fishing. Let them learn to shoot a bb gun at paper targets or soda cans. Don't get mad at them if they try to show independence or talk back to you some times. They are learning how to grow up & think for themselves Be open with the bad words they hear at school & let them know why they are not acceptable.
    karenski

Answer by karenski at 3:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2009