A DH question...

Does anyone ever say something nice and sweet about their Dh and the he turns around and messes it all up? I was just saying just bc i have pms doesn't give me the right to be mean, he has feelings too. 180 dh is speaking to his bro on the ph and says" nai nai's in the room I can't really talk right now" . So now he is trying to hide something, and all that sweet s**t is out the door.

mommynainai

Asked by mommynainai at 11:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Never happens to me. But then, I'm not saying sweet things about my guy in the hopes that he'll perform properly, either. I only say accurate, sweet things about what he has actually done -- and nothing he does next can erase the sweet thing he just did (just as nothing foul he does can be erased by doing something sweet --what's done is done.)

Have you considered that he may be planning a surprise for you? That he is talking to someone about something private in their life? That it, in fact, it may have absolutely nothing to do with you?

If you are speculating and do not know, you can't justify your suffering. If you decide, in your imagination, that your guess is true, you stir yourself (and marriage) up about fantasy -- you might as well make yourself angry about the moon being purple with creepy eyes all over it, for all that has to do with reality.

Stick to what you can prove, it's happier for you.

LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:46 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Thx for your response, I know my husband very well enough to know there is no surprise for me, If their is something going on in someone else's life I would know, my DH has a big mouth, and I have not asked him about it yet bc I don't want to get "stirred up" I am just asking this question to see if anyone can relate. REMEMBER I AM PMSING!!!!!!!
    mommynainai

Answer by mommynainai at 12:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My husband and I just had our first free weekend alone in over 2 YEARS! It was perfect, and I was bragging on him so bad when the kids got home and just so happy that things worked out and we got some alone time. Then it all went to hell Monday night, he has been an ass ever since. So yeah I sympathize...
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Guys say that kind of crap as a joke. You're in the room. He knows you hear. You have to know it's a joke or said to annoy you. Let it go. He's not hiding anything. He just has a silly sense of humor. Hey, how do you pronounce nai nai? I'm called "nay nay" and never heard anyone else called that before and just wondered.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Well, if you're pms'ing then I guess you're not being so great to him either. Maybe he just doesn't want to start drama if he knows you're going to act irrationally and flip on him for something you wouldn't otherwise if you were calm. You're right though, just because you have pms doesn't give you the right to be mean to someone, so maybe get on something if its really bad. Otherwise cut him some slack and talk to him about it when you're calm.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 1:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009