Do you sweat a lot and cause spots on your shirts? HELP!!!!!!

Do you tend to perspire a lot? Do you wash your clothes and put softener in and no matter what you do it still seems to smell in the armpit area of some of your shirts? What do I do? Sometimes I sweat so bad that I have to put on a sweater over my normal shirt when I am at work because I am so worried about the spots under my arms...and I worry about stinking. The temperature where I work is constantly fluctuating because the thermostats do not work properly and my body does not adjust well. It was AWFUL when I was pregnant especially. I also keep Bath and Body Works body spritzers and lotion with me at work so I can always put them on if I feel like I may have a slight odor. I have tried numerous deodorants, shower every morning before work, putting powder on before the deodorant...I know it sounds silly but it gets so embarrassing and I am curious as to whether anyone else has dealt with this and has ideas.... Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I know I hate that! There's Also like Soft & dry for Night time & then one for Day time!! They also say apply at night that's right! But after most of your years applying in the morning its hard to get used to aplying at night! Also I hear Botox injections can Help with that! But to be healthy, I think we're meant to Sweat some to release toxins & regulate your body temperature! Meaning we need to Sweat! But we don't like to or want to!! But do we for our own Health? Sometimes I wonder if all the things we do for Beauty & style isn't messing with our Health & well Being! See you got me Thinking! I so can relate to your issues! I do hate it & have ruined clothing from doing so.. I also think if you use the same brand it starts to not work anymore! I've tried the Clinical ones & they don't work for me or my oldest Daughter! They did in the beginning & then didn't anymore! I feel for you so relate but that's all I know..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:45 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• You need to try a brand like Secret Clinical. I think it's aluminum chloride maybe that makes it ultra-anti-persperant. Put it on at night, and reapply in the morning. If it doesn't work, there is an even stronger version you can get by prescription. Also, look into something called "dress shields" -- I think they're little patches you adhere to your pits to soak up the sweat. Maybe in the deodorant aisle, or in places like Victoria's Secret.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 11:42 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Yep...I'm a sweater.  Middle of winter, freezing my butt off and marks under my arms.  I tried all the clinical strength stuff.  Nothing worked until I found this:  http://sweatblock.com/  Once a week(actually I've been using it awhile and can go 12-14 days now) before bed and I'm good!  I can't say enough good things about this stuff.  Even in the summer heat I sweat like a 'normal' person!!!

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• How much is the sweatblock?
    Anonymous

• 2 month supply ~ 19.99
    4 month supply ~ 35.98
    6 moths supply ~ 50.97

Plus S&H...about $5.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• OMG yes!! So far I haven't found anything to help.. I've tried certain dry anti-persperant along with clinical strength deoderant.. Honestly.. the sweating went away when I was pregnant and started back up when my son hit 7 months... Let me know if any of this works because I've just given up
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 5:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2009