Where to go for advice and to talk?

Apart from cafemom.com what other ways do you get support for being a new parent? I don't know if the message boards are for me but I want to see how else people find answers to questions. I'm sure that millions have gone through the same things as me, I just wish I could more easily talk to people about issues of being a parent, figuring out what to do and all that. How else do people do it?

bao658

Asked by bao658 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Mainly the groups on cafemom. or the Q&A section... my husband & 2 close friends I have- they both have kids 6 & 9mo older than my dd.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I started to go out to playgroups, library, beach, parks, anywhere that I thought I could make friends. I am friendly w/ all the moms/dads we meet & always open to making friends. It took a little while like a few mo. after going to one playgroup to become really comfortable w/ the ppl there but that is b/c I am 22 yo & by at least 10 years younger then all the rest of the moms. This made me feel awkward for a bit but I have figured out that I am not the only one w/ feelings or make mistakes & if someone dosent like me then that is their loss not mine. It's a good release to hang out w/ other moms & kids not only for me but for my DD too. Just start digging around for places to go thats the only advice I have to give. Plus I love cafemom I find it helpfully a lot of the time :) U can also hit me up to chat or ask questions any time!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Get out of the house and meet other moms. Go to the park at different times of the day to meet new people. Libraries usually have (free) programs for babies and toddlers; this is another great way to meet moms.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2009