What could this be? I'm so frustrated.

I've had pain on and off on my right side under my ribcage. I've been nauseas.

I'm not pregnant. I've had an ultrasound of my kidneys, liver, gallbladder, and pancreas and it all came back fine. I've had blood tests that come back fine. It's not heartburn. I have IBS but I've never had these problems associated with it so I don't think it's related. It seems like everything is working fine in my body--so why do I feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Health

• Is an mri or cat scan better than ultrasound? maybe try one of those? Are you seeing a primary general care practioner who's an internist, maybe your blood work should be reviewed by an infectious disease specialist or diabetes specialist, thyroid? Are you extra nervous about any thing except these random pains? If there's not anything wrong except random pains I wouldn't worry so much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Not to be making light of it, but could it just be gas? especially if it isn't constant.
    lynda5

Answer by lynda5 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I'm constantly nauseas and the pain in my side comes and goes in spurts. They are both recurring.
    Anonymous

• It could be a pinched nerve in your back. The muscles will spasm, causing the on/off pain and nerves affect every area of your body, including your digestive system.

I saw a chiropractor for treatment for my migraines. The adjustments also helped my IBS, my frequent nausea, constipation, bloating, leg pain and carpal tunnel syndrome. Once your spine is aligned and the nerves aren't pinched your body works as it should.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I like the above answer but I will add another one. If you are interested email me with your question. It is natural.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 5:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Have you tried cleaning up your diet? Stop eating processed foods and simple carbs. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy. Base your meals on fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes (beans, seitan, lentils, tofu, etc.). Drink plenty of water.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2009