Safe to eat or toss out?? HELP

Last night i made a Squash Casserole for a church function tonight. I put it on the counter to cool so i could put it into the fridge, however; I went to take a bath. I am 8 months pregnant with really bad back and sciatic nerve pain and was looking for some relief. I totally forgot that i had it on the counter. My husband woke me up at 4 this morning on his way to work and told me he put it in the fridge. I freaked out that i left it out. HOw could i have forgotten. Will it be safe to eat tonight if it is in the fridge all day and then rewarmed before we go to the dinner or do i toss it?

Ashley.herzing

Asked by Ashley.herzing at 11:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Yes it will be. I've left food out longer than that before and ate it. It'll be fine especially if its going to be warmed back up anyways.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:33 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• If it will be warmed up again your fine
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• yes just reheat it up to kill off any bacteria heat it up to like 350 for about 10 minutes add awaer if it is dry, or just learn from it and throw it away we all do this but YOU are preggo!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• add water
    2mothershelpers

• Unless it was early afternoon when you made it, I think it would probably be all right. I've left stuff out like that before, and it was fine. Just make sure it is thoroughly reheated, and stays hot.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:46 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• anything left out that long should be thrown away. They bad zone for foods is 40-140 degrees. They recommend food be refrigerated within 2 hours.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• pitch it!! and always heaqt left overs to 170 degrees. use a thermometer
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I forgot to put chicken back in the fridge the other week. Used it anyway. Not dead. I forget to put things up all the time. There is no way I could afford to chuck it all.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It's safe
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Food scientists and the FDA recommend throwing away food that has been at room temperature for more than 90 minutes. I would not risk eating all of that bacteria, especially while pregnant.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2009