Saved jobs vs Created jobs

When Obama presented his stimulus plan, it included a pledge to "create and save" a specific number of jobs by June 2009. June has arrived and the reality looks nothing like the promise. Unemployment has hit 9.4% - roughly 1.5% higher than the "8% and dropping" predicted in the blitz of "buy my bill" out of the White House 6 months ago. The administration is now focused on those "saved jobs." How are these accounted for? How do they idenitify what *is* saved and what would have been saved without the bill?

Those that support him in this still - how do you rationalize the promise to the reality when he's gotten his way across the board? How do you accept "saved jobs" no one can really quantify as acceptable? Does it not bother you that unemployment is still rising despite the promises of this pork-bill?

and where, or where, is the media on this? Why are they NOT calling him to the carpet on it?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ozarkgirl, it's not that something DIDN'T get done. IT's that what *DID* get done didn't do what they promised it would do.

The 2 party argument won't work right now. The Dems control both houses in Congress and the White House. whatever the Dems want. The dems get.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 4:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• no, I'm not surprised nor am I rationalize anything President Obama does - it's not nice to assume things about people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Because Obama said so.........

Of course it is ridiculous but there are people who believe anything he says. It's insane to come out and say I saved 150,000 jobs when in reality 2 million jobs have been lost this year. Even if it was proof possible (which it isn't)thats nothing to brag about.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

Huh?.....................................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• for you Grace:

how do you rationalize the promise to the reality when he's gotten his way across the board? -OP

and my answer:
    nor am I rationalize anything President Obama does

The OP assumed that if we support President Obama than we must all think there is a need to rationalize his actions/statement. I was pointing out that I don't rationalize anything he does. I'm not in control over what he does. While I might suport his views on some things that does not mean I give the man a pass or an excuse on everything he does. It's not nice to assume that one who supports someone agrees with every last thing he/she does. I'm quite sure even if it was just that one time, just once even you didn't agree with everything former presidents did.
    Anonymous

• I will simply state that the Pres. can not do anything without approval from the the House and Senate. So, when you have to parties that are in very different mind sets on how things should run, you end up with getting nothing accomplished. I think blame needs to be put on all the bipartisan squabbeling and not just on the Pres.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2009