Do you believe that only ONE version of the Bible is the 'correct and true' one?

My grandparents are strict primitive Baptists (imagine what life is like for me, an agnostic! hahaha!). They claim that the KJV of the Bible is the only correct and true one. You know, the one with all the thous and thines and thees in it.

So what's your opinion? Does it matter which version it is to you?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know people like that too. I don't have a favorite--but I use a couple and compare to make sure the meaning is the same.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• You are probably really disappointing your grandparents then are'nt you? I would listen to them they have been through life a lot more than you and probably know more too!
    To answer your question yes I think the Authorized KJV is the true BIBLE! go to BlueletterBible.com to learn more about some more versions and the differences as long as they stuck with the meaning of the KING JAMES it should be a good version to read but I love the old english anyway and the original interlinear greak or hebrew is a great study help too.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-english-bible-history/william-tyndale.html
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:45 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I do not believe that piece of TRASH is correct or true, regardless of the version.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Truthteller--you are just downright rude.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I am just stating my opinion, how is that rude? We are entitled to our opinions and it's obvious we all have them.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• see Satan is always out there trying to get people to doubt EPHESIANS 6
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Why are there so many Martyrs for this Bible then truthteller? or justaliar ur name should be! ISA 40:8
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• http://www.persecution.com/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• ive looked at different ones and to me they all have the same meaning just different words. like one bible would say he jumped another would say he leaped, different words but it's all the same.
    Anonymous