What is a good gift (les than $50) as a thank-you for a kintergarden teacher?

sapient

Asked by sapient at 11:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Gift cards. Teachers spend so much of their own money for classroom supplies. They have all the cutesy magnets and plaques than they'll ever need. What they need is money. A Target gift card or Walmart can be put right back into the classroom, and I guarantee you it will be the teacher's favorite gift.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 11:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Have you child make them a card and a write a message themselves...that way the teacher can see the progress the student has made and it's always going to be unique and heartfelt. If you want to add to that I would say getting them a gift card to a restaurant or store. My daughter always seems to know what her teacher likes, where she shops, where she likes to go out to eat and what type of knickknack they like to have or collect. I think the teachers try to connect with their students and tell them a lot of different things about their lives outside of the classroom, this has been my experience with my child's teachers. Ask your son or daughter what they think...you may be surprised! Good luck!
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 11:40 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Last year I got my son's teacher a spa gift card. I figured after putting up with my son all year, she deserved a little pampering lol!
    mauspond

Answer by mauspond at 12:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• We put together a fruit basket and a vase of flowers for my daughter's teachers. They seemed to appreciate them. Giving gift cards don't work so well for us since our budget is very tight.
    3are_a_blessing

Answer by 3are_a_blessing at 3:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• make sure your school district does not have a policy on the $$ amount of the gift. In general I think 10-15 is the norm. Most teachers I know would like gift cards to craft supply, book, and school supply stores. That way they spend less of their $$ on the classroom. The problem with spa certificates what if they already have a favorite place to go, have skin sensitivity or allergies to spa products....jsut don't get them any coffee mugs the teachers I know have shelves and shelves full of them !!

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Gift card!!!!!!
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 1:02 AM on Jun. 12, 2009