What to tip for A $10.00 Hair Cut?

Just Curious on tipping? I know most Food Servers make under $3.00 per hour. I assume Hair Stylists earn more. But what is the Fair or Right tip for A Hair Cut? What if you leave & you hate it or it looks like they did nothing? Your Kind Favor to enlighten me is appreciated! Thank you kindly in advance!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I usually tip at least $3 for a $10 haircut for my son, but I would think even $2 would be acceptable for a simple cut that doesn't take too much time.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Usually it is expected 2 tip 10 to 20 % 3 dollors would be fine.. if i didnt like it or it wasnt done the way i wanted i wouldnt tip any...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I don't tip for bad service. I usually tip around 20% for haircuts, more if my child acted like a brat at any time during the process. I think hair stylists have a lot to deal with when they're willing to take on children's haircuts. My children actually love getting theirs cut, but I have seen other children who kicked, screamed, or worse. It really depends on what the person serving me has to put up with that I base anything above the standard 20% tip on.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• $2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2009