Can someone really do this on facebook?

I have an account on facebook and recently i noticed that someone created an account using my full name and photo(from when i was in college). I reported it a few days ago and it is still there. Its just creepy. Has anyone ever gone through this, i mean if they do not take it down isn't that illegal? And on top of that, the profile is private so i don't know what this person wrote about me or what kind of pics they have there.
Has anyone ever gone through this on facebook?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's not really a profile. People from Facebook do this using yearbooks and such to promote facebook. What it is there for is so that people will recognize you and sign up with Facebook. It is set to private, because it's not really a profile. That is what I have found at least.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• That's kinda like that peekyou.com site. Or whatever it is. I looked myself up & there I was w/my myspace pic. I was shocked!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 12:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• oooohhhh, thanks ladies. I was freaking out a little. hehe
    Anonymous