Should welfare reciepients be required to do a drug test?

As long as they aren't working, I think so.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Absolutely, even if they are working. Working doesn' t mean that you're not doing drugs. Not all employers to random drug testing.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• This again? No they shouldn't. It would cost more than it could ever save, add more work to an already overburdened welfare and foster system and is too easy to fudge testing.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• No.
    Anonymous

• LOL. Friday.

So, say it cost $100 for a drug test. (I don't know how much they are, but I know you can buy them cheaper at Rite Aid and what not), and if the person was positive for a drug, and they couldn't get any welfare for atleast a year... what the government would save from food stamps/heat/section 8 (ect.) isn't worth the lousy $100 drug test?
    Anonymous

• Friday, I think it should be random. Like they only do so many per month based on their budget. And you never know when it's going to come... Like, you go pick up your check or foodstamps or whatever, or get recertificed and, surprise, you pee in a cup.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• wasnt this asked like a few months ago when it came out on CNN? lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 12:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Yes
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 12:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I know people that don't get welfare and do drugs and they don't get tested from there jobs... Maybe every employer should do random drug test you'd be surprised.....
    Anonymous

• I think your wrong FRIDAY and i think that you don't want to hear this cause you got something to hide.

So me i think that it should be random and yes it would help alot of problems with the welfare offices and such. No one would have a problem with it if they had nothing to hide, RIGHT?!
    Anonymous

• Anon 12:28 as a social worker i could say that its not drugs that tie us back its fraud that has nothing to do with drugs. I would agree on random testing if this person is known to be a drug addict.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2009