WHEN DO BABIES USUALLY START ON 3RD FOODS

LIKE SWEETPOTATOS AND BREAD AND MASHEDPOTATOS

tera_anya

Asked by tera_anya at 3:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I actually started giving my daughter these foods early. The milk and cereal were not filling my child up so she was about 5 or 6 months when I gave it to her. As far as bread she started eating that around 9 months but not too much.
    Mz_Lady1978

Answer by Mz_Lady1978 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• All babies are different, but most babies start at about 9 to 12 months. It really depends on how your baby feels about the texture of the food. My baby boy did not start until 12 months...his teeth came in late and I think that was part of the problem...Just keep patient and remember just because other babies start early, doesn't mean your baby has to start too. Give your baby just what he/she wants to eat and introduce he/she to 3rd foods little by little. The baby will eat them when he/she feels ready.
    Laura4Luvs

Answer by Laura4Luvs at 11:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Mine started 3rd foods when she was 6-7 months.
    cleverusername

Answer by cleverusername at 11:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• All babies are different, but you can start them around 7-8-9 months... sometimes the little chunks of carrot or pasta can be slippery, so whenever you do decide to try them, just watch to make sure they're not slipping down the wrong pipe!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2008