Do you have goals?

Do you have some specific goals that you are trying to reach...financial, fitness, business and family? do you have dates you hope to achieve them by? I have some general like save money..but have been trying to be more specific..like setting short term and long term goals and really working towards them. Curious how other people work on goals.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• I set goals all the time! I set big picture goals like a dream house & dream car. Then I break down the big goals into smaller yearly goals, quarterly goals, monthly goals, weekly goals & daily goals.

I have found that when I create goals that are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevent &Time Bound (SMART Goals) I am more likely to make them happen.

By setting specific goals I am able to have multiple successful businesses, go on vacations when I want & work the hours I want to work to fulfill the life style I wish to be in.

There are different kinds of goals:
    Strategic goals which are the big picture goals.
    Tactical goals which are action driven goals & are more rigid.
    Incidental goals that are about the journey & who you become while reaching for big goals.

You are welcome to visit my blog & read about SMART Goals in the older postings. I am a strong believer in goal setting. http://bealegacy.blogspot.com/
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 3:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My first goal was to get my doctorate. That fell through when I fell in love and didn't want to be in school anymore. My next goal was to put my children though college- to save enough money so that they did not have to struggle financially. Now my goal is to save enough for a comfortable retirement.

Answer by Bmat at 2:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• thanks Bmat..I was surprised that no one else had any goalsto share. I have been trying to set dollar amounts since saving is so hard...so based on what i want saved in 3 yrs I need to save $1200/yr or something...then I can see how im doing. I dont want to wait until someday and realize I let my time slip by without working towards my dreams.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• yeah well, we have goals. we want to pay out the credit cards. we want to have enough money saved up to live off of if hubby gets laid off. we want to have 3000 saved up by christmas for christmas. we want to have enough for the kiddos to go to college even if they don't have scholarships. we are saving, 50/100 a week, going to seperate accounts and paying as much as we can on those cards. but no set timeline for that.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2009