Christians: what are some of your favorite songs? or internet sites to get songs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you want religious songs, my favorite favorite is "Awaiting on you All" by George Harrison. I think you can get it on playlist.com. If you've never heard that one, you've got to listen to it. Turns a person ON (in the non-sexual way)!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• klove.com
    I love a lot of songs - it's easier to list my fave bands - Casting Crowns, Mercyme, Third Day. I like Natalie Grant's new CD it's great.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I LOVE Jesus Freak by DC Talk, LOL. Also any song by Nichole Nordeman (Wide Eyed is one of my faves). And I love Baptize Me by Jaci Valesquez. Right now my band and I are working on some really great songs - one of them is By Your Side by Tenth Avenue North - it brings me to tears, actually, LOL.

Most of what I have has come off of CD's, but there is a great site called Music of Faith that I've heard about.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I mostly listen to songs done by Misty Edwards, Julie Meyers, Todd Benjamin from my church, Brian & Jenn Johnson from Bethel , Kim Walker, anything from Bethel or IHOP in Kansas City, Jesus Culture or Onething.
    Mostly prophetic music and songs directly to Him.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Okay, I just checked out that Music of Faith site - do NOT go there!! They are a spam site!! Sorry for the misinformation.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Sorry, I didn't mean to leave the n off hymns. I'm having some sticky key problems. Might have to do with the ice cream dribble that got on it. :-/
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Collinsky, you have ice cream???
    No fair . . .
    LOL
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My favorite song is "Because He lives",by Bill and Gloria Gaither. We went and saw the Gaither Homecoming Show a couple years back, in Houston,and it was so good! I also love anything by Mercy Me, Casting Crowns, The Newsboys, have way too many favorites! LOL.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I have a lot of favorites:a lot of the old hymns-- "Take me to the Water", When we All get to Heaven","It is Well With My Soul"... I love "Order My Steps" and music by Mahalia Jackson, Albertina Walker, Shirley Caesar, Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, Joy Williams, The Gaithers, Dottie Rambo, CeCe Winans, The Clark Sisters, Dewayne Woods, Anthony Evans,....." Encourage Yourself" by Donald Lawrence ft. Sheri Jones-Moffett is my theme song right now. :o)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2009