do u get a welfare check? if so how much do they give you? im just wondering cuz i just had my baby and have 2 other kids who are out of school for the summer and i cnt go back 2 wrk till after the summer and dont hve any $ 2 pay my bills and i dont know if i got welfare if it would even be enough to pay my bills

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• why cant you work all summer, because I dont see why i should have to pay your bills, I have two kids and I work all summer!!?!?
    There is state assisted daycare, if you need help get that and work, dont live off MY salary!
    Anonymous

• daycare for an infant is $150.00 per week and daycare for my other 2 kids is $85.00 a piece per week and i dont make that much money and i have to get put on a waiting list for assisted daycare and they wont even put me on the waiting list till i go back to work. im not trying to live off your salary im just trying ti keep a roof over my kids head thank u
    Anonymous

• I dont care what your doin, leave your kids with your mother, or maybe think about that before you have children!
    welfair isnt for people that dont want to work, there for people who phyically CANT work, I hope they deny you so you have to figure out a better way of rasing your kids and providing for them.
    Just goes to show you that some people dont think before tey have children.
    Anonymous

• If you have bills and no income, then you really need to be working (exception being you are disabled and unable to work). Like the first anon, I'm also not understanding why you can't work. I'd feel much better about my tax dollars going to child care assistance than to welfare. You may say this is unfair, but it is money I earned by working that will be paying you to not work - how does that seem fair?
    Anonymous

• I receive extra assistance for myself and my daughter each month and I get $350, but I have to be working part time and doing volunteer hours to be able to get it at all.
    Anonymous

• my mom has to work, dont u think if i had a family member to keep my kids i would leave them with them. how can i pay daycare if i dont even make that much a week. if u are going to be rude please dont answer my questions.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn mind my tax dollars going to somone like anon57- who has to work and volunteer... at least she is showing that she CAN work and not making excuses.
    Anonymous

• still sounds like excuses, I know in my state daycares will except children in there and wait to recieve payment, there are churces that have programs for low income people that watch your child for free, you would rather do reserch in finding how to get free money than do the reserch on how to find a day care that helps low income people.
    get off your booty, call local churces for help or a food pantry they will help you into a daycare and get a job, once you got your job than you'll get your assistence for daycare!
    stop being lazy and making excuses!
    Anonymous

• also a daycare wont evern keep my baby till he is 6 weeks old idiots. im not making excuses i dont mind working at all but i only make 250.00 per week and daycare would be more than that so i still wouldnt be able 2 pay my bills
    Anonymous

• I'm the Anon. that posted that I receive government assistance, but that I have to work and do volunteer hours to get it. I'm a newly single mother (my husband pretty much decided to run away because I called him on some thing he had been doing that were very much and just by myself I was unable to work full time and take care of my daughter full time, especially because I live in a rural area where I have to drive a long way to get to work. I applied for assistance to help me through for a while, and in order to get anything at all, I have to be working part time and doing so many volunteer hours a week. I live in New Mexico...so I know at least for me, you can't just do nothing and get assistance, you still have to be working to better your situation.
    Anonymous