Go Green with Period Products?

I was flipping through a Cosmo & came along an ad for "Diva Cups". They are reusable mentrual cup that are the Green alternative to tampons & pads. Now I don't get my period as regularly as I used to do the IUD but would any of you other moms out there use this product? It seems sorta gross to me.

vdewes

Asked by vdewes at 12:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Health

• I wouldn't. For the simple fact that the tampons I use are biodegradable and I think that's good enough.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I would do more research to see if it is ok to use them with the IUD. I thought about trying them before, but I can't remember if they are the ones with two sizes (before and after baby) and I have been TTC.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I used one before I got my IUD, I don't have a period now or I would still be using it. It does require you to be comfortable with your body. It is easy to use, but it may take some getting use to. Plus it is great for the planet!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Would and do! Love it!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• If you're interested in these products, they do sell them in WalMart, also. I noticed when shopping for super slender tampons for my daughter. Also, you can get re-usable pads online as well - I'm not really ready to go there myself but it's there... I mean, they didn't have Always and Tampax 60 years ago... LOL The phrase "On the Rag" came from somewhere...
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• When I get my period back from breastfeeding I want to try the Diva cup. I've heard they are perfect for heavy flows which would be great because maybe it could catch the red sea I've got down there. Apparently you can also make your own pads which is cool.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 3:01 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes, I bought my menstrual cup at http://www.Period-Products.com. They are easy to use and saves money over the long run. :)
    Anonymous