• In the Spotlight:

When you are old and gray or dead and gone...

What do you hope your children will remember and say about you?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I hope they say "Man, my mom was awesome." I want them to remember how much I loved them and that I tried to always do what was best for them.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• That i was always there for him and always honest and supportive.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I just want him to smile when he thinks of me! That alone will say it all.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I think often about the legacy I will leave my children.

I hope my children remember that I loved them beyond life. That I placed them above all else. I hope they see in me a woman they want to be like - someone to look up to and admire. I hope they can honestly say that though mom was strict and tough as nails - she loved them beyond words and they knew it. I want them to see in me someone who is real and who knows what is most important in life. That people matter above THINGS. That I would fight for what is right - in a dignified and straightforward manner - and I was willing to fight to the death for each one of them - even if THEY were the person I had to fight sometimes. I hope they see in me what my true heart is - a woman who loves Christ and my family.

LOL I told you, I've thought about this a lot - but I have chronic health issues for which there is no cure.... so these things play on my mind.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 12:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I want my dd to say "remember when Mom used to dump the laundry out of the basket onto us and it was so warm...remember when she drove 2 hrs to camp because I forgot to pack underwear"...I want her to think of the times I told her no and made her do what was best for her no matter how mad she was. When my grandpa died we had a remember when dinner instead of a funeral. brought out coolers an beer and had great food and laughed and cried and celebrated his life! I was just thinking of the stories my dd may remember and the things I hope she remembers..and the embarrassing stories I hope she doesnt share LOL
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• We had fun together and I was supportive.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• That I was a good mom
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• my mom loved me. i was teh most important thing in her life. period.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 5:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2009