How do you know your ready for another child??

I keep going back and forth on if Im ready to have another child, How did you know when you were ready emotionally and financially?? I know it wont ever be perfect timing but I just wonder how other mothers decided they were ready for another.

Awing10

Asked by Awing10 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I could never make that decision because I don't think there is every a perfect time. Thankfully #2 surprised us completely and I didn't have to say when, he decided for us =) He arrived 2 years and 1 month after DD.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I never really knew. There is always something that goes on that makes you not ready. I found out I was preggo with my second when my first was 12 months.. I was scarred to death, but it all worked out and I'm happy that it went the way it did.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• There is never a perfect time. You'll always debate it in your head.I'm ttc #2 & still debate it .It's just an overwhelming desire I have. My husband was ready 2 years ago & I wasn't. I was scared because our daughter has a genetic disease called SMA . Spinal Muscular Atrophy it means she can't walk she is wheelchair bound. She is so smart. She's on the honor roll @ school. She will be going to the 5th grade. Her disease has taught us how fragile & short life is.We went to a SMA confrence last year & that helped me see that other families have kids after having a child W/ sma.
    Good Luck! Go for it. You'll always find a way to provide for your kids that what family is for.
    dawnie08

Answer by dawnie08 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• there is never a time when u are financially and emotionally ready for a baby!
    Mommyof_Brielle

Answer by Mommyof_Brielle at 1:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2009